RCP feels strongly that the Players have a responsibility to give back to the community that sustains us.
One way we do that is by offering annual scholarships to local high school seniors (public, private or home schooled) who intend to study the performing arts in college.
The Shelton Hall Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 is given annually to a local high school student dedicated to pursuing the Performing Arts. The award can be for performers of music, theater, or dance.
The Bruce Marson Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 is given annually to a local high school student dedicated to pursuing the Performing Arts in Technical Theatre Production. To compete for this scholarship, applicants demonstrate an interest and ability in Lighting Design, Stage Management, Scenic Design, Set Construction, Sound, Property Management, Production Management or Costume Design.
In order to be eligible for either scholarship, applicants must:
1. Be a High School senior.
2. Have a grade point average 3.0 or higher.
3. Be a U.S. and Virginia citizen.
4. Reside in Fairfax County.
5. Have been accepted to and chosen a place for higher education (as we send the check there directly).
6. Intend to major in Performing Arts or Theatre Arts (Shelton Hall Memorial Scholarship) or Performing Arts: Technical Theatre Production (Bruce Marson Memorial Scholarship).
The 2020 Scholarship Application Deadline is May 1, 2020.
Auditions/Interviews will be held on May 16-17, 2020.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will most likely be held virtually. More information and logistics will be forthcoming.
Download the scholarship application below. Additional guidelines and instructions are in the application documents.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com