The Diary of Anne Frank is presented through special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York
A Play by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett
Based upon “Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl”
Newly Adapted by Wendy Kesselman
Directed by Gloria DuGan
Produced by Diane P. Mullens
February 28, 29, March 6, 7, 8*, 13, 14, 2020
*Curtain time is 8pm except for March 8 which is a matinee with a 2pm curtain.
The Diary of Anne Frank is one of the most famous and haunting stories to emerge from the 20th Century. Inside a secret attic annex in Amsterdam, 13-year-old Anne and seven other Jews hide as the Nazis deport the Jews of Holland to their deaths. For more than two years, all that will stand between them and the concentration camps is their trust in one another and the bravery of those harboring them. This powerful new adaptation captures the claustrophobic realities of their daily existence while Anne’s transcendent spirit is revealed as she voices her belief, “in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.”
ALL ROLES ARE OPEN
- The audition will consist of readings from the script. Sides are available for download on the right side of this page. Please see the Audition Side Breakdown to the right in order to prepare the sides for the character(s) for which you are interested.
- Please note that for this production, the newer adaptation by Wendy Kesselman is the version of the script that will be used and not the original version by Goodrich and Hackett.
- Be prepared to provide ALL CONFLICTS at the time of auditions, including any conflicts for the callback date.
ALL actors cast in the show are required to also be available on March 15 for strike. This is a mandatory date.
See the links to the right for more detailed information regarding character descriptions as well as an audition form.
Complete the audition form and bring it with you, or you can fill out the form when you arrive.
Head shots are welcome (and appreciated) but we will also take your photo.
If you are cast, you may be asked to provide certain garments, shoes or other personal items.
Contact the Producer, Diane Mullens at email@example.com
HOW TO FIND US
- Once you enter the Sunset Business Park from Spring Street, head to the Left.
- RCP is in the back left corner of the Business Park, near the tree line closest to the Fairfax County Parkway.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT NextStop Theatre/Industrial Strength Theater – we are located on the opposite side of the Business Park as NextStop/IST.