Ken Ludwig’s The Game’s Afoot is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.
Book by Ken Ludwig
Directed by Liz Mykietyn
Produced by Lora Buckman
January 17, 18, 24, 25, 26*, 31, February 1, 2020
*Curtain time is 8pm except for January 26 which is a matinee with a 2pm curtain.
Real-life Broadway star William Gillette, admired the world over for playing Sherlock Holmes on stage, has invited his fellow cast-members and closest friends to his Connecticut castle for a weekend of revelry on Christmas Eve 1936. But when one of the guests is stabbed to death, the festivities in this isolated house of tricks and mirrors quickly turn dangerous and a little zany. It’s then up to Gillette, as he assumes the persona of his beloved Holmes, to track down the killer before the next victim appears. Mystery and hilarity in equal parts ensue in this murderously funny whodunit production that will keep you guessing until the final curtain.
ALL ROLES ARE OPEN
- For your audition, please prepare a monologue from the AUDITION MONOLOGUES document on the right side of this page. It is not necessary to have it memorized.
- Auditions will also consist of cold readings from the script in groups and some basic movement for stage combat. Please dress appropriately for movement. Auditionees should expect to read at least twice during the audition and be available for at least 1-2 hours, possibly longer.
- Those being called back will be notified as soon as possible. People auditioning on Saturday November 2nd AND called back may have a potential longer day than expected.
- Be prepared to provide ALL CONFLICTS at the time of auditions, including any conflicts for the callback date.
ALL actors cast in the show are required to also be available on February 2 for strike. This is a mandatory date.
See the links to the right for more detailed information regarding character descriptions as well as an audition form.
Complete the audition form and bring it with you, or you can fill out the form when you arrive.
Head shots are welcome (and appreciated) but we will also take your photo.
If you are cast, you may be asked to provide certain garments, shoes or other personal items.
Contact the Producer, Lora Buckman at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO FIND US
- Once you enter the Sunset Business Park from Spring Street, head to the Left.
- RCP is in the back left corner of the Business Park, near the tree line closest to the Fairfax County Parkway.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT NextStop Theatre/Industrial Strength Theater – we are located on the opposite side of the Business Park as NextStop/IST.